Happy Canada Day!! Here’s a special treat to celebrate this great country!
Healthy Fat-Burning Chocolate Pudding:
(This recipe will make about 2-3 servings and is a great healthy dessert or late night snack)
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado (soft to touch)
- approx 3 tablespoons of almond butter (preferably raw if possible)
- approx 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons of organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 or 2 packets of stevia (or to your desired sweetness level)
- 1/2 to 3/4 of a scoop of chocolate protein powder
- just a small pinch of salt
Put the avocado and almond butter into a bowl and mash together with a fork until smooth. Then add all of the other ingredients into the bowl and mix together vigorously until all is mixed and smooth.
If everything went right, the consistency will be similar to pudding… except normal pudding makes you FAT with loads of sugar!
If the pudding ends up too thick, simply add a bit more almond milk or coconut milk for more moisture.
If you want to get a little wild and add some more nutrient-rich additions, feel free to add some chopped pecans, chia seeds, rice bran, or walnuts at the end.